With key ingredients shown to support cognitive function
MindWorks’ key nutrients have been shown in three clinical studies and dozens of laboratory studies to temporarily support cognitive function and memory, as well as support long-term brain health.
Powered by an exclusive Chardonnay seed extract, B vitamins, and carefully selected guarana extract.
MindWorks contains key nutrients that have been shown in three clinical studies and dozens of laboratory studies to temporarily support cognitive function and memory, and support long-term brain function.
Powered by a guarana extract, B vitamins, and an exclusive Chardonnay seed extract.
Our carefully selected, low-caffeine guarana extract has been extensively tested. It helps improve cognitive performance, and one serving of MindWorks contains less caffeine than a medium cup of decaf coffee.
The three B vitamins (folic acid, B6, and B12) in MindWorks help reduce elevated blood homocysteine levels, thereby reducing brain atrophy.*
Only available to Shaklee, the unique Chardonnay grape seed polyphenol blend is made with a patent-pending extraction process that concentrates specific polyphenols that are clinically proven to help blood circulation.
*Based on a two-year study of 223 adults with mild cognitive impairment.
Scientific studies have shown the key ingredients in MindWorks work in 3 ways:
- Provide temporary improvement in cognitive performance*
- Over time, neural connections become less efficient, impairing our ability to recall, think, and respond. Guarana extract, a key nutrient in MindWorks, was shown in multiple clinical studies to significantly enhance memory and improve reaction time.
- Protect against age-related mental decline†
- The three B vitamins in MindWorks were shown in a clinical study to reduce brain shrinkage rate by 30% over two years.‡
- Support healthy circulation
- Blood circulation is critical for delivery of oxygen and key nutrients to the brain and is linked to neural activity. In a double-blind Shaklee employee pilot test, circulation (as reflected by skin temperature) was enhanced after a single serving of Chardonnay grape seed extract, one of the key nutrients in MindWorks.
Take 1 tablet daily with a meal.
*At six hours versus control.
†Particularly in individuals with elevated homocysteine levels.
‡Based on a two-year study of 223 adults with mild cognitive impairment.
Kennedy, D.O., Haskell, C.F., Wesnes, K.A., Scholey, A.B. Improved cognitive performance in human volunteers following administration of guarana (Paullinia cupana) extract: comparison and interaction with Panax ginseng. Pharmacol. Biochem. Behav. 2004 Nov;79(3):401-411.
Haskell, C.F., Kennedy, D.O., Wesnes, K.A., Milne, A.L., Scholey, A.B. A double-blind, placebo-controlled, multi-dose evaluation of the acute behavioural effect of guarana in humans. J Psychopharmacol. 2007 Jan;21(1):65-70. Published online 13 Mar, 2006.
de Jager, C.A., Oulhaj, A., Jacoby, R., Refsum, H., Smith, A.D. Cognitive and clinical outcomes of homocysteine-lowering B-vitamin treatment in mild cognitive impairment: a randomized controlled trial. J. Geriatr. Psychiatry. 2012 Jun;27(6):592-600. doi: 10.1002/gps.2758. Published online 21 Jul, 2011.
Smith, A.D., Smith, S.M., de Jager, C.A., Whitbread, P., Johnston, C., Agacinski, G., Oulhaj, A., Bradley, K.M., Jacoby, R., Refsum, H. Homocysteine-lowering by B vitamins slows the rate of accelerated brain atrophy in mild cognitive impairment: a randomized controlled trial. PLoS One. 2010 Sep 8;5(9): e12244. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0012244.
Vislocky, L.M., Fernandez, M.L. Biomedical effects of grape products. Nutr. Rev. 2010 Nov;68(11):656-70. doi: 10.1111/j.1753-4887.2010.00335.x.
Dohadwala, M.M., Vita, J.A. Grapes and cardiovascular disease. J. Nutr. 2009 Sep;139(9):1788S-93S. doi: 10.3945/jn.109.107474. Published online 22 Jul 2009.
Feringa, H.H., Laskey, D.A., Dickson, J.E., Coleman, C.I. The effect of grape seed extract on cardiovascular risk markers: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. J. Am. Diet Assoc. 2011 Aug;111(8):1173-81. doi: 10.1016/j.jada.2011.05.015.