Basic-G+™ One-Step Disinfectant Cleaner
Highly concentrated, multipurpose, neutral ph germicide
When used as directed, Basic-G+ disinfects, cleans, and deodorizes hard, non-porous, inanimate surfaces such as floors, walls, stainless steel surfaces, glazed porcelain, and plastic surfaces such as polypropylene and polystyrene.
Disinfects in half the time!*
Bacteria, fungi, and viruses can wreak havoc on your family's health and safety. Used as directed, Basic-G+ tackles these pesky microbes, which makes it an excellent choice for use in the kitchen, bathroom, or pet area. It's also economical: one 473 mL bottle makes up to 121 L of disinfectant solution.
Basic-G+ is a highly concentrated formula and should be kept out of reach of children. Note: as per Health Canada regulations, Basic-G+ must NOT be used in a manner inconsistent with its labelling.
*Basic-G+ disinfects in 5 minutes for regular use, compared with 10 minutes for previous formula Basic-G.
As per Health Canada regulations, Basic-G+ must NOT be used in a manner inconsistent with its labelling.
See label for complete directions.
The use-solution can be applied with a cloth, mop, sponge, or spray bottle or by soaking. For sprayer applications, use a coarse-spray device.
Do not breathe in the spray! Let the solution remain on the surface for a minimum of 5 minutes; thoroughly rinse and allow to air dry.
Is Basic-G+ effective against the 2019 novel coronavirus/COVID-19?
COVID-19 is caused by SARS-CoV-2, a novel coronavirus. Basic-G+ kills similar viruses and, therefore, can be used against SARS-CoV-2 when used in accordance with the directions for use against Norovirus on hard, non-porous surfaces. Refer to Health Canada’s Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) list for additional information. (You can find Basic-G+ by entering either “Basic” or “Shaklee” in the “Filter items” field.) NOTE: the Basic-G+ formula is the same in Canada and the United States.
What are the directions for use against Norovirus that should also be used for the 2019 novel coronavirus?
- Remove heavy soil deposits from the surface you wish to disinfect
- Thoroughly wet the surface with a use-solution of 4.0 mL per litre of water; if using a spray bottle, mix 2.0 mL (3/8 tsp) of Basic-G+ with 473 mL (16 oz.) of water
- The use-solution can be applied with a cloth, mop, sponge, or spray bottle or by soaking
- For sprayer applications, use a coarse-spray device; spray 6−8 inches from the surface and rub with a brush, cloth, or sponge – do not breathe in the spray!
- Let the solution remain on the surface for a minimum of 5 minutes; thoroughly rinse and allow to air dry
- All food contact surfaces and surfaces and objects that may come in contact with children at the mouthing stage must be thoroughly rinsed with potable water after disinfection
- This product must not be used to clean the following food contact surfaces: utensils, glassware, and dishes
- Rinsing of floors is not necessary unless they’re to be waxed or polished
- Prepare a fresh solution every day or more often if the solution becomes visibly dirty or diluted
Can people make their own disinfectant wipes with Basic-G+?
No. This would not be safe or effective. You cannot make your own wipes because this is not an approved use of the product. However, you can mix 2.0 mL (3/8 tsp) of Basic-G+ in a 473 mL [16 oz.] spray bottle of water and use as follows:
- Spray the surface thoroughly, making sure you don’t breathe in the spray
- Let it remain wet for 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes, rinse with water
- Allow to air dry